The Farlinger team has expertise in an extensive range of services
Biotechnical Stabilization is defined as the integration of living and non-living materials to achieve an engineered goal in the prevention of slope failures and erosion. It can also be characterized by the combined use of ground cover systems (rolled erosion control products) and vegetation. We offer experience in the supply and application of:
- Turf Reinforced Matting
- Gabion Baskets and Mattresses
- Erosion Control Blanket
- Surface Grading
- Supply and Placement of Rip Rap
- Contour Design
- Live Staking
- Live Fascines
- Live Crib Walls
- Vegetated Rip Rap
- Soil Wraps
- Brush Mattresses
- Root Wads
- Boulder Clusters
- Pole Planting
- Gabion Baskets and Mattresses Installation
- Underwater work
- Rip Rap Supply and Installation
- Armorflex Installation
- Boat Launches
- Water Diversion
- Dam and Pump Operations
- Silt Curtain Installation to facilitate isolation
At Farlinger & Associates Ltd. provides a variety of services from conventional seeding and replacement seeding to complex erosion control solutions. Our specialized equipment can handle a variety of terrain, ranging from road side ditches to remote locations only accessible by our low impact tracked units. Our highly skilled application staff have extensive knowledge of the products we use, which enables us to individualize every client’s needs. A variety of options are available for grass seed, mulch and fertilizer types as well as customizable product application. Upon project completion, the seeded area is surveyed, a 3D map is provided as well as a set of data points of the area covered. This is an industry first ensuring that the proper coverage rate of product has been applied. Farlinger & Associates Ltd. works closely with mulch providers and seed suppliers to ensure we are always able to access a premium product, no matter where it is required.
- Wharf Construction
- Silt Curtain Installation
- Barge Construction
- Crane Services
- Scour Protection
- Erosion Control
Construction activities, in environmentally sensitive areas, can result in adverse impacts on agriculture, forestry, recreational and other land uses or land users. Soil, fish and wildlife resources can also suffer negative impact due to poor construction scheduling or use of inappropriate construction techniques. Our all- terrain machines (Marooka) offer extremely low ground pressure and are capable of maneuvering into tight spaces with relative ease. These rubber-tracked machines are well-suited to working in environmentally sensitive areas, leaving a footprint which lends itself to quick and easy rehabilitation at the completion of the job. We provide skilled operators, experienced in a variety of construction settings.
- An improved and controlled water course
- Reduction of sediment loads to streams
- Prevention of loss of land, soil, fish habitat and vegetation adjacent to the water course
- Improved water quality for recreational use or as habitat for fish and wildlife
- Improved protection of utilities
At Farlinger & Associates Ltd., we have a wide range of experience using a variety of methods to manage water diversion.
- Consultation in the design process, as to type and method of water diversion most suited for your jobsite
- Supply and installation of a variety of quality pumps, hoses, diffusers, fish cages and other devices as outlined by Best Management Practices for Working in Water
- 24 hour maintenance of pumping or water diversion operations
- Fish capture, if required
- Re-vegetation or rehabilitation of diversion site upon completion of project
- Aqua Dam and Sheet Pile Installation
Farlinger & Associates Ltd. can provide a variety of high quality Rip Rap including Gabion rock, Class 1m, Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 (angular or field stone). Our product meets Alberta Transportation specifications for durability and size. We also offer custom sizing of Rip Rap upon request.
In heavy snowing winter conditions Snowcats provide not only snow grooming for mountain resorts but also provide remote access snow and ice road/bridge construction. Their design is optimized to make ease of travel with their rubber or steel tracks for snow covered ground or soft surfaces. We provide dependable operators that are experienced in construction as well as maintenance of these remote access roads.
On top of the above services, Farlinger & Associates also offers Site Assessments, Consulting Services, Construction Services with Prime Contractor Status and On-Site Supervision!